We have a special space for 4-5 year-olds at Acton Academy--the Spark Studio!
Participation in Spark is an excellent way to lay a preschool/Pre-K/Kinder foundation in a nurturing environment with the highest standards of excellence.
For families planning to continue their Acton adventure beyond preschool and Kindergarten, Spark is a bridge between home and the Acton Academy Elementary Studio. Enrolling in Spark is a wonderful way for the whole family to get their feet wet with the systems and culture of Acton Academy!
Children in the Spark Studio:
- Listen to and dialogue about excellent stories
- Learn kindness and community engagement through high-quality play inside and outside
- Begin simple goal setting, reflection, and contract making
- Work with Montessori materials to grow their reading, writing, and math skills
- Play games that engage their mind, body, and spirit
- Participate in beginner Socratic discussions where they learn to articulately agree or disagree with other children
The Spark Studio is led by Co-Founder Molly Franklin Lucia.
Learning at Acton
Learn to Do
Hands-on learning for Science, Entrepreneurship and the Arts prepare children for Apprenticeships and real world challenges.
Learn to Learn
Socratic Discussions and self-paced challenges equip children to be independent lifelong learners.
Learn to BE
The Hero’s Journey, relational covenants and real world consequences transform difficult decisions into virtuous habits.
Our Philosophy of Learning
We believe that:
Clear thinking leads to good decisions,
Good decisions lead to the right habits,
The right habits lead to character and
Character becomes destiny.