We have a special space for 4-6 year-olds at Acton Academy--the Spark Studio!
Participation in Spark is an excellent way to lay a preschool/Pre-K/Kinder foundation in a nurturing environment with the highest standards of excellence.
For families planning to continue their Acton adventure beyond preschool and Kindergarten, Spark is a bridge between home and the Acton Academy Elementary Studio. Enrolling in Spark is a wonderful way for the whole family to get their feet wet with the systems and culture of Acton Academy!
Children in the Spark Studio:
- Listen to and dialogue about excellent stories
- Learn kindness and community engagement through high-quality play inside and outside
- Begin simple goal setting, reflection, and contract making
- Work with Montessori materials to grow their reading, writing, and math skills
- Play games that engage their mind, body, and spirit
- Participate in beginner Socratic discussions where they learn to articulately agree or disagree with other children
Please follow our Spark Studio adventures via photo albums and more on Facebook. Better yet, come over for a fun visit!
The Spark Studio is led by Co-Founder Molly Franklin Lucia.
Our Philosophy of Learning
We believe that:
Clear thinking leads to good decisions,
Good decisions lead to the right habits,
The right habits lead to character and
Character becomes destiny.