We have a special space for 4-6 year-olds at Acton Academy--the Spark Studio!
Participation in Spark is an excellent way to lay a preschool/Pre-K/Kinder foundation in a nurturing environment with the highest standards of excellence.
For families planning to continue their Acton adventure beyond preschool and Kindergarten, Spark is a bridge between home and the Acton Academy Elementary Studio. Enrolling in Spark is a wonderful way for the whole family to get their feet wet with the systems and culture of Acton Academy!
Children in the Spark Studio:
- Listen to and dialogue about excellent stories
- Learn kindness and community engagement through high-quality play inside and outside
- Begin simple goal setting, reflection, and contract making
- Work with Montessori materials to grow their reading, writing, and math skills
- Play games that engage their mind, body, and spirit
- Participate in beginner Socratic discussions where they learn to articulately agree or disagree with other children
The Spark Studio is led by Co-Founder Molly Franklin Lucia.
Our Philosophy of Learning
We believe that:
Clear thinking leads to good decisions,
Good decisions lead to the right habits,
The right habits lead to character and
Character becomes destiny.